Friday, November 29, 2013

Making the Most of It

These are the final days of the walking challenge.

My team is in first place, with a fairly significant lead, but one of my teammates is worried we'll lose and really encouraged us all to get as many steps in as we could this week.

UGH.

Between the cold weather, my cold, being out of town for the holiday, lots of driving and visiting people, it's not that easy to do.

But I'm doing it.

Today, I walked the Ocean City Boardwalk from end to end. As a kid we always vacationed right near the end of the boardwalk, and we'd usually walk down to the inlet for games and rides, but then we'd take the tram back. So I think this may have been the first time I've walked the whole thing.

It was a bit further than I planned to go (4 1/2 miles total), but it wasn't too cold. And, it helped me get 18k steps in, so that's a plus as well.

And I got to pic stich a nice photo for 30 of my Facebook friends to like, which is always a plus. (I'll take silver linings where ever I can get them).



I'm not ready to stop walking, but I am so very ready for this challenge to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment